Chapter 3: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
Film Focus Point: Total running time 6:29 Excellent presentation on why the Church baptizes infants, Scripture connections with Baptisms, who can baptize, and more.
Text Focus Point: May be used either as a chapter introduction or for review.
Why do we need Baptism?
Why does the Catholic Church baptize infants?
Why is Baptism only done once?
What are the symbols/objects used in Baptism? What does each one mean?
Who can baptize?
How are you living out your Baptism each day?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Sacraments (USCCB)
- Chapter 1: The Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 1: Flesh and Bone (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 1: Deepening My Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Sacraments (Mark Hart)
- Chapter 2: Liturgical Calendar (Saints & Seasons with Shannon)
- Chapter 2: Mystery of Eating Jesus' Flesh (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 2: What's Inside A Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: The Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Baptism, Catholic, Immersion
- Chapter 3: Faith, Hope, and Love: A Commentary by Fr. Barron
- Chapter 4: Soeren Palumbo's R-word Speech
- Chapter 4: Sacraments 101: Confirmation (Why We're Confirmed)”
- Chapter 4: The Holy Spirit: A Commentary by Fr. Barron
- Chapter 4: The Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 5: The Eucharist (Jon Leonetti)
- Chapter 5: Rememberance (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Mass in 155 A.D.
- Chapter 5: Catholic Mass Revealed: The Consecration
- Chapter 5: The Eucharist & You
- Chapter 5: Eucharist as Antidote to Individualistic Culsture (Pope Benedict XVI)
- Chapter 6: The Prodigal (Joe Castillo)
- Chapter 6: Confession
- Chapter 6: Sacrament of Reconciliation: Explained
- Chapter 6: Deepening My Sacramental Life (Chris Stefanick)
- Chapter 6: Confess It All Commercial
- Chapter 7: Prayer of Hope and Encouragement for the Suffering & Brokenhearted
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: L'Arche: It's All About Love!
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders
- Chapter 8: Ordination of Bishop-elect John O. Barres Part 1
- Chapter 8: Ordination of Bishop-elect John O. Barres Part 2
- Chapter 9: Fr. Barron Comments on Marriage and Relationships
- Chapter 9: New State of Mind (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 9: Sacraments 101: Matrimony
- Chapter 9: A Crucifixion Type Love
- Chapter 9: Theology of the Body: Your Call to Greatness
- Links of Interest: Links of Interest
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Confession
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Conscience
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Dei Verbum
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Faith
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Four Traditions of Authorship
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Freedom
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Orders
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Spirit
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Humanity Divinity
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Mary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Matrimony
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Moral Act
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sacrament of Baptism
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Scripture and Tradition
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Trinity