Unit 5: Why Catholics Do What They Do (In Church)
Why Catholics Do What They Do (In Church)
Film Focus Point: Candles are one of the most apparent aspects of our liturgical rites. This program reviews the various types and meanings of candles found in Catholic churches.
Text Focus Point: Pages 182-184
Why do Catholics use candles so routinely in worship?
Which candles are especially important in Catholic churches?
How does a candle represent Christ?
How does a candle represent you?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Unit 1: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus
- Unit 1: Spoken Word Made Flesh
- Unit 1: Cathryn's Story (tooseeJesus.com)
- Unit 1: Four Marks (Music Video)
- Unit 1: Why Do Popes Change Their Name?
- Unit 2: Fr. Barron Commentary on Vatican II
- Unit 2: Pentecost in Two Minutes
- Unit 2: Are Sacraments Necessary for Salvation?
- Unit 2: We Are One Body
- Unit 2: What Do Catholics Mean By Authority?
- Unit 2: Socrates Meets a Moral Relativist
- Unit 2: Immaculate Conception
- Unit 2: Song of the Body of Christ
- Unit 2: Pharisees and Sadducees
- Unit 2: Roman Persecution of Christians
- Unit 2: Constantine Christian Turning Points
- Unit 2: Scriptural Basis for Purgatory
- Unit 2: The Monastery of Cluny
- Unit 2: Christian Denominations
- Unit 3: Misreading Genesis (Fr. Barron)
- Unit 3: The Sacraments: Infant Baptism
- Unit 3: Pope Francis on His Love for the Eucharist
- Unit 3:The Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15)
- Unit 3: Roman Persecution Christian Turning Points Part III
- Unit 3: Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
- Unit 3: Religious Liberty from a Roman Catholic Perspective
- Unit 4: Why Be Catholic: Science and the Existence of God
- Unit 4: The Bible: A Brief History
- Unit 4: Who Were the Church Fathers?
- Unit 4: The Creed
- Unit 4: The Galileo Case (Dr. Thomas Woods)
- Unit 4: Papal Infallibility (Fr. Barron)
- Unit 4: Martyrdom of Perpetua
- Unit 4: Cloistered: God’s Women of Steel
- Unit 4: Montecassino Abbey
- Unit 4: St. Francis—Brother Sun, Sister Moon—The Conversion Scene
- Unit 4: Carmel Mission
- Unit 4: Basilica Restore the Light—History
- Unit 5: Mysteries of the Church: The Seven Sacraments
- Unit 5: Miracle of Lanciano Italy
- Unit 5: Seven Sacraments of Initiation
- Unit 5: Grace in the Real Presence
- Unit 5: The Eucharist and You
- Unit 6: What Is Catholic Social Teaching?
- Unit 6: Catholic Relief General Awareness Video
- Unit 6: This Is What Solidarity Looks Like
- Unit 6: Charity and Responsibility
- Unit 6: The Popes and the Jews
- Unit 6: Why Catholics Care about People Living in Poverty
- Unit 6: Who is Dorothy Day?
- Unit 6: Catholicism and the Just War
- Unit 7: Litany of the Saints
- Unit 7: St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Unit 7: Joy Story
- Unit 7: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Unit 7: Patron Saints
- Unit 7: How to Become a Saint
- Unit 7: The 67 Miracles of Lourdes
- Unit 8: The Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization
- Activities: Church History Project Ideas
- Links of Interest: Links of Interest
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Confession
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Conscience
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Dei Verbum
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Faith
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Four Traditions of Authorship
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Freedom
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Orders
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Spirit
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Humanity Divinity
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Mary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Matrimony
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Moral Act
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sacrament of Baptism
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Scripture and Tradition
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Trinity
- Worksheets: Additional Related Worksheets