Unit 4: Martyrdom of Perpetua
Martyrdom of Perpetua
Film Focus Point: This brief documentary describes the martyrdom of St. Perpetua.
Text Focus Point: Page 155
Besides her eventual execution, what are other ways Perpetua suffered for her faith?
What reassurances did Perpetua receive in her dream?
Why did Perpetua’s martyrdom stun the crowd?
Explain the meaning of this classic reflection: “If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Unit 1: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus
- Unit 1: Spoken Word Made Flesh
- Unit 1: Cathryn's Story (tooseeJesus.com)
- Unit 1: Four Marks (Music Video)
- Unit 1: Why Do Popes Change Their Name?
- Unit 2: Fr. Barron Commentary on Vatican II
- Unit 2: Pentecost in Two Minutes
- Unit 2: Are Sacraments Necessary for Salvation?
- Unit 2: We Are One Body
- Unit 2: What Do Catholics Mean By Authority?
- Unit 2: Socrates Meets a Moral Relativist
- Unit 2: Immaculate Conception
- Unit 2: Song of the Body of Christ
- Unit 2: Pharisees and Sadducees
- Unit 2: Roman Persecution of Christians
- Unit 2: Constantine Christian Turning Points
- Unit 2: Scriptural Basis for Purgatory
- Unit 2: The Monastery of Cluny
- Unit 2: Christian Denominations
- Unit 3: Misreading Genesis (Fr. Barron)
- Unit 3: The Sacraments: Infant Baptism
- Unit 3: Pope Francis on His Love for the Eucharist
- Unit 3:The Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15)
- Unit 3: Roman Persecution Christian Turning Points Part III
- Unit 3: Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
- Unit 3: Religious Liberty from a Roman Catholic Perspective
- Unit 4: Why Be Catholic: Science and the Existence of God
- Unit 4: The Bible: A Brief History
- Unit 4: Who Were the Church Fathers?
- Unit 4: The Creed
- Unit 4: The Galileo Case (Dr. Thomas Woods)
- Unit 4: Papal Infallibility (Fr. Barron)
- Unit 4: Cloistered: God’s Women of Steel
- Unit 4: Montecassino Abbey
- Unit 4: St. Francis—Brother Sun, Sister Moon—The Conversion Scene
- Unit 4: Carmel Mission
- Unit 4: Basilica Restore the Light—History
- Unit 5: Mysteries of the Church: The Seven Sacraments
- Unit 5: Why Catholics Do What They Do (In Church)
- Unit 5: Miracle of Lanciano Italy
- Unit 5: Seven Sacraments of Initiation
- Unit 5: Grace in the Real Presence
- Unit 5: The Eucharist and You
- Unit 6: What Is Catholic Social Teaching?
- Unit 6: Catholic Relief General Awareness Video
- Unit 6: This Is What Solidarity Looks Like
- Unit 6: Charity and Responsibility
- Unit 6: The Popes and the Jews
- Unit 6: Why Catholics Care about People Living in Poverty
- Unit 6: Who is Dorothy Day?
- Unit 6: Catholicism and the Just War
- Unit 7: Litany of the Saints
- Unit 7: St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Unit 7: Joy Story
- Unit 7: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Unit 7: Patron Saints
- Unit 7: How to Become a Saint
- Unit 7: The 67 Miracles of Lourdes
- Unit 8: The Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization
- Activities: Church History Project Ideas
- Links of Interest: Links of Interest
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Confession
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Conscience
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Dei Verbum
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Faith
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Four Traditions of Authorship
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Freedom
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Orders
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Holy Spirit
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Humanity Divinity
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Mary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Matrimony
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Moral Act
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sacrament of Baptism
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Scripture and Tradition
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Supplemental PowerPoints: Trinity
- Worksheets: Additional Related Worksheets