Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Third Edition)
Chapter 7: St. Luke HD
Film Focus: This video provides a very brief introduction the Gospel of Luke, focusing primarily on the person of Luke, his unique stories, and his emphasis on Mary and women in the Gospel.
Text Focus: Pages 334-335, 369-374
1. What are some things you know about St. Luke?
2. What are some unique events and parables that are recorded in the Gospel of Luke? Find two Scripture passages that are unique to Luke and discuss what can be learned from these passages.
3. How are women portrayed in the Gospel of Luke? How is this similar and different from th e
other Gospels? Find two Scripture passages as examples.
4. What are some ways that St. Luke is typically portrayed in art? How might you choose to portray him if you were asked to make a piece of art?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: The Paschal Mystery
- Chapter 10: What's up with all those Ecumenical Councils
- Chapter 10: Revelation. Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Jesus is calling YOU to evangelize!
- Chapter 9: Letter to the Hebrews
- Chapter 9: St. Paul's Letters
- Chapter 9: Pauline Letters. Catholic Central
- Chapter 8: John 6: the Bread of Life discourse
- Chapter 8: The Gospel of John. The Literary Art of the 7 Signs
- Chapter 8: "Authorship of the Gospel of John" -- Johannine Literature, Video 7
- Chapter 7: Overview of the Acts of the Apostles
- Chapter 7: The Parable of the Prodigal Son: Summary and Meaning
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Chapter 6: Matthew's and His Audience--Matthew's Gospel Course 1.4 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 6: The Beatitudes: They Key to Joy
- Chapter 6: About the five discourse: Matthew's Gospel Course 2.2 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 1: Who is Jesus and what makes him unique?
- Chapter 5: The Gospel of Mark: Mark's Christology
- Chapter 5: St. Mark HD
- Chapter 4: The Temptation of Jesus
- Chapter 4: The Parables
- Chapter 4: Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Chapter 4: The Tradition of the Christmas Creche
- Chapter 3: 1st Century Nazareth Village Comes to Life
- Chapter 3: Israel's Northern Landscapes--Galilee & Golan Heights
- Chapter 3: Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- Chapter 2: What is Lectio Divina?
- Chapter 2: Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 2: Bishop Barron on How to Read the Bible
- Chapter 1: Did Historians Get Jesus' Birthdate Wrong?
- Chapter 1: The Incarnation