Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Third Edition)
Chapter 5: The Paschal Mystery
Film Focus: This video uses the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy as a launching point to discuss the Paschal Mystery as a basis for sacramental life in the Church. Several priests speak beautifully as to how Baptism unites us to the dying and rising with Christ and expound upon how Christ’s presence in the Liturgy enlivens our whole lives.
Text Focus: Pages 252-265
1. What is the Paschal Mystery? Pretend that you are talking to someone who has never heard this term before and explain it to them in an easy to understand way.
2. Why is the Paschal Mystery the foundation for Catholic practice and identity?
3. What are the four ways that Christ is made present in the liturgy? Why is this significant?
4. What are some ways you can see the Paschal Mystery present in your life?
5. Discuss each of the Seven Sacraments, how might a person experience the Paschal Mystery in each sacrament?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: About the five discourse: Matthew's Gospel Course 2.2 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 10: What's up with all those Ecumenical Councils
- Chapter 10: Revelation. Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Jesus is calling YOU to evangelize!
- Chapter 9: Letter to the Hebrews
- Chapter 9: St. Paul's Letters
- Chapter 9: Pauline Letters. Catholic Central
- Chapter 8: John 6: the Bread of Life discourse
- Chapter 8: The Gospel of John. The Literary Art of the 7 Signs
- Chapter 8: "Authorship of the Gospel of John" -- Johannine Literature, Video 7
- Chapter 7: Overview of the Acts of the Apostles
- Chapter 7: St. Luke HD
- Chapter 7: The Parable of the Prodigal Son: Summary and Meaning
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Chapter 6: Matthew's and His Audience--Matthew's Gospel Course 1.4 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 6: The Beatitudes: They Key to Joy
- Chapter 1: Who is Jesus and what makes him unique?
- Chapter 5: The Gospel of Mark: Mark's Christology
- Chapter 5: St. Mark HD
- Chapter 4: The Temptation of Jesus
- Chapter 4: The Parables
- Chapter 4: Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Chapter 4: The Tradition of the Christmas Creche
- Chapter 3: 1st Century Nazareth Village Comes to Life
- Chapter 3: Israel's Northern Landscapes--Galilee & Golan Heights
- Chapter 3: Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- Chapter 2: What is Lectio Divina?
- Chapter 2: Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 2: Bishop Barron on How to Read the Bible
- Chapter 1: Did Historians Get Jesus' Birthdate Wrong?
- Chapter 1: The Incarnation