Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Third Edition)
Chapter 5: St. Mark HD
Film Focus: This video provides a very basic introduction to the Gospel of Mark discussing the authorship and dating of the Gospel.
Text Focus: Pages 228-230
1. Who is the author of the Gospel of Mark? What do we about him?
2. What are our sources for what we know about Mark?
3. When was the Gospel of Mark written? What evidence do we have for this dating?
4. How is St. Mark often depicted in art? Why might this be so? If you were to create a piece of art about St. Mark, what would you include?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: About the five discourse: Matthew's Gospel Course 2.2 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 10: What's up with all those Ecumenical Councils
- Chapter 10: Revelation. Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Jesus is calling YOU to evangelize!
- Chapter 9: Letter to the Hebrews
- Chapter 9: St. Paul's Letters
- Chapter 9: Pauline Letters. Catholic Central
- Chapter 8: John 6: the Bread of Life discourse
- Chapter 8: The Gospel of John. The Literary Art of the 7 Signs
- Chapter 8: "Authorship of the Gospel of John" -- Johannine Literature, Video 7
- Chapter 7: Overview of the Acts of the Apostles
- Chapter 7: St. Luke HD
- Chapter 7: The Parable of the Prodigal Son: Summary and Meaning
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Chapter 6: Matthew's and His Audience--Matthew's Gospel Course 1.4 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 6: The Beatitudes: They Key to Joy
- Chapter 1: Who is Jesus and what makes him unique?
- Chapter 5: The Paschal Mystery
- Chapter 5: The Gospel of Mark: Mark's Christology
- Chapter 4: The Temptation of Jesus
- Chapter 4: The Parables
- Chapter 4: Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Chapter 4: The Tradition of the Christmas Creche
- Chapter 3: 1st Century Nazareth Village Comes to Life
- Chapter 3: Israel's Northern Landscapes--Galilee & Golan Heights
- Chapter 3: Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- Chapter 2: What is Lectio Divina?
- Chapter 2: Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 2: Bishop Barron on How to Read the Bible
- Chapter 1: Did Historians Get Jesus' Birthdate Wrong?
- Chapter 1: The Incarnation