Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Third Edition)
Chapter 1: The Incarnation
Film Focus: Joan Watson, of 3 Minute Theology, explains the four reasons for the Incarnation as taught by the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Text Focus: Pages 16-21
1. Before watching this video, what would you have said if someone asked you why God became flesh? Is your answer different now? Explain.
2. What are the four reasons God became flesh? Name one Bible passage mentioned in the video.
3. What does it mean to become “partakers of the divine nature?”
4. Which one of these reasons resonates the deepest with you? Why?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: About the five discourse: Matthew's Gospel Course 2.2 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 10: What's up with all those Ecumenical Councils
- Chapter 10: Revelation. Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Jesus is calling YOU to evangelize!
- Chapter 9: Letter to the Hebrews
- Chapter 9: St. Paul's Letters
- Chapter 9: Pauline Letters. Catholic Central
- Chapter 8: John 6: the Bread of Life discourse
- Chapter 8: The Gospel of John. The Literary Art of the 7 Signs
- Chapter 8: "Authorship of the Gospel of John" -- Johannine Literature, Video 7
- Chapter 7: Overview of the Acts of the Apostles
- Chapter 7: St. Luke HD
- Chapter 7: The Parable of the Prodigal Son: Summary and Meaning
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Chapter 6: Matthew's and His Audience--Matthew's Gospel Course 1.4 Catholic Bible School
- Chapter 6: The Beatitudes: They Key to Joy
- Chapter 1: Who is Jesus and what makes him unique?
- Chapter 5: The Paschal Mystery
- Chapter 5: The Gospel of Mark: Mark's Christology
- Chapter 5: St. Mark HD
- Chapter 4: The Temptation of Jesus
- Chapter 4: The Parables
- Chapter 4: Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Chapter 4: The Tradition of the Christmas Creche
- Chapter 3: 1st Century Nazareth Village Comes to Life
- Chapter 3: Israel's Northern Landscapes--Galilee & Golan Heights
- Chapter 3: Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- Chapter 2: What is Lectio Divina?
- Chapter 2: Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 2: Bishop Barron on How to Read the Bible
- Chapter 1: Did Historians Get Jesus' Birthdate Wrong?