Chapter 1: 3 Minute Theology: Typology
3 Minute Theology: Typology
Film Focus: In this segment of 3 Minute Theology, Joan Watson discusses how typology is used to give the reader a deeper understanding of the Scriptural passages as part of a whole story. She gives several examples of places where New Testament persons and events are foreshadowed in the Old Testament.
Text Focus: Pages 26-28
- What is typology? Where does the concept of typology originate in the Bible? Get out your Bible and read that passage.
- What is the purpose of typology in reading the Scriptures? How might we miss an important piece of Scripture if we do not correctly understand typology?
- Pick two of the following examples of foreshadowing to discuss: bronze serpent, Jonah, ark, crossing of the Red Sea. Find the stories you are taking about in your Bibles.
- Brainstorm as a group and discuss an additional example of typology which was not covered in the video.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Inside King David's Palace--The 700 Club Canada
- Epilogue: How Is the Old Testament Relevant?
- Chapter 10: Jerusalem, Israel: Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock
- Chapter 10: Be the Maccabee!!!! The Maccabean Revolt for Catholics Today
- Chapter 10: The Dead Sea Scrolls: How They Were Discovered and Why are They Important
- Chapter 9: Apocalyptic Literature -- How to Write an Apocalypse
- Chapter 9: Wisdom 1.2 Hebrew Poetry Rhyming Thoughts, and How to Study Through the Psalms
- Chapter 9: Overview: Job
- Chapter 8: Ezekiel -- Prophets Video 22
- Chapter 8: Babylonian Conquest and the Destruction of the First Temple
- Chapter 8: Jesus and the Book of Isaiah
- Chapter 7: What Does a Prophet do? Prophets Video 3
- Chapter 7: Bible Workshop Series: The Prophets
- Chapter 7: The Prophets -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 6: Nova Short Recreating the Temple
- Chapter 6: The Kingdom of Israel Divides Bible Animation (1 Kings 11:26-12:33)
- Chapter 1: Word Study: YHWH -- "LORD"
- Chapter 5: What Is Just War?
- Chapter 5: The Fall of Jericho/Old Testament Extract
- Chapter 5: Overview: Deuteronomy
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the 10 Commandments
- Chapter 4: The Book of Numbers
- Chapter 4: Passover Explained
- Chapter 3: Who were the Biblical Patriarchs?
- Chapter 3: Some Very Compelling Evidence the Tower of Babel was Real
- Chapter 3: The Great Flood -- Fact or Fiction?
- Chapter 2: The Bible Workshop Series: The Pentateuch
- Chapter 2: Breaking News -- Canaanite Temple Excavated/Biblical Archelogy/Bronze Age History
- Chapter 2: Ancient Archeology: Ancient Egypt's Merneptah Stele
- Chapter 1: Catholic Scripture Study: Introductory Principles
- Chapter 1: Why 7 "Extra" Books of the Catholic Bible? Deuterocanonical Apologetics with Dr. Taylor Marshall