YouTube Videos, Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
Christian Vocation: It All Begins With a Call
Film Focus: Created by VISION Vocation Guide, this video discusses the term “vocation” as a calling from God. Recalling the biblical call narratives, the video details the basic qualities of a vocational call. It concludes by discussing the proper response to this call.
Text Focus: Pages 3-4, 8
- What does the term “vocation” mean? Compare and contrast this understanding of vocation with choosing a career.
- What are the four basic qualities of Jesus’ calling of his disciples that we hear in the biblical stories?
- Discuss how choosing your own vocation might exhibit these same four basic qualities.
- Describe the nature of the response to God’s call.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony