YouTube Videos, Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns | NBC Left Field
Film Focus: Millennials often get the reputation for being irreligious. However, the reporter in this video, Katie Engelhart, delves into the topic of millennials choosingreligious life. She states that while it is not a hugely popular choice, it is one that has increased in recent years. By interviewing several different religious, she explores some hot button issues surrounding religious life and discusses the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
Text Focus: Pages 321-325, 330-331
- Why do you think that the number of people who are choosing religious life has begun to increase since the year 2000?
- When religious take the vow of chastity, what does that mean? How is this different from what our culture might think it means?
- What does it mean to embrace poverty in the religious life?
- Describe what a sister’s day might be like. What does this have to do with the vow that consecrated men and women take to obedience?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages