Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
The Day My Life Changed Forever
Film Focus: In this video, Fr. Casey Cole reflects upon his recent ordination to the priesthood. He discusses in detail how he chose to incorporate both men and women into his ordination Mass in appropriate roles. He walks the viewer through the ordination Mass so that they can see what really happens at this liturgy. Please note: The last three minutes include congratulations from some of Fr. Casey Cole’s friends and family. This could be omitted when played in class.
Text Focus: Pages 281-285
- How was Fr. Casey Cole’s preparation for his ordination like preparing for a marriage Mass?
- Why was it important to Fr. Casey Cole that women were part of his ordination Mass? What does this say about the complementarity of the vocations?
- What ordained roles are necessary for celebration of the Sacrament of Holy Orders?
- What are some parts of the ordination rites you saw in this video?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony