YouTube Videos, Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
The Day My Life Changed Forever
Film Focus: In this video, Fr. Casey Cole reflects upon his recent ordination to the priesthood. He discusses in detail how he chose to incorporate both men and women into his ordination Mass in appropriate roles. He walks the viewer through the ordination Mass so that they can see what really happens at this liturgy. Please note: The last three minutes include congratulations from some of Fr. Casey Cole’s friends and family. This could be omitted when played in class.
Text Focus: Pages 281-285
- How was Fr. Casey Cole’s preparation for his ordination like preparing for a marriage Mass?
- Why was it important to Fr. Casey Cole that women were part of his ordination Mass? What does this say about the complementarity of the vocations?
- What ordained roles are necessary for celebration of the Sacrament of Holy Orders?
- What are some parts of the ordination rites you saw in this video?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns