Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
The Gift of the Priesthood
Film Focus: In this video, several priests who teach at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary share what life is like in the seminary. They discuss the four dimensions which they use to form the seminarians as well as what life is like for the men there. The video concludes with a beautiful discussion of how becoming a priest has brought them true happiness.
Text Focus: Pages 273-278
- What are the four dimensions of formation which are the focus of the seminary education? List and explain.
- What is the main purpose of seminary education? Do you have to be ready to be ordained immediately when entering the seminary? Explain.
- What qualities is the Church looking for in men who desire to become priests?
- What three patterns or rhythms of life are focused upon in the seminary?
- The men in this video who have chosen priesthood are incredibly happy. Why are these men so happy?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony