YouTube Videos, Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
What Is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
Film Focus: In this episode of Coffee with the Collars, Fr. Doug Jeffers, Fr. James Misko, and Deacon Henry Finch comment that many people do not know the difference between a priest and a deacon when they see them at Mass. They discuss the differing roles of a priest and deacon and comment upon the different vestments which are worn at Mass.
Text Focus: Pages 245-247, 254-255
- What does it mean to be ordained for the ministry of service?
- What does it mean to be ordained to offer sacrifice?
- What are the priest’s vestments called? What are the deacon’s vestments called? How are they different?
Why is a deacon given a Book of the Gospels at the time of his ordination? Why is this significant?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns