Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
The Role of the Bishop
Film Focus: In another episode of 3 Minute Theology, Joan Watson introduces the roles of a bishop. As she welcomes a new bishop to her diocese, she discusses the threefold roles of the bishop to teach, govern and sanctify.
Text Focus: Pages 234-239
- What are the threefold roles of a bishop in his diocese? Explain each of these roles.
- What is the bishop’s relationship to the pope?
- In what way is a bishop’s commitment to the Church like a marriage?
- Who is the bishop in your (arch)diocese? Share three to four things you know about your bishop. If you do not know anything about your bishop, do some quick research to find out more about him.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony