YouTube Videos, Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
The Sacrament of Orders
Film Focus: In this Catholicism in Focus video, Deacon Casey Cole discusses the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. He begins by examining some of the different titles given to members of the hierarchy. Later in the video, he discusses the roles of bishops, priests, and deacons.
Text Focus: Pages 225-226, 240
- What are the three categories which cover all the terminology describing the hierarchical positions in the Church?
- Who possesses the fullness of the Sacrament of Holy Orders? Why is this the case?
- Why did the priesthood develop? What is the difference between a priest’s role and a bishop’s role?
- What is the difference between a priest’s and bishop’s ordination and that of a deacon? What is the main role of a deacon?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns