YouTube Videos, Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
Marriage & Cohabitation - Catholic Speaker, Ken Yasinski
Film Focus: Longtime Catholic speaker, Ken Yasinksi, discusses the high breakup rate of couples who begin their relationship with cohabitation. He gives statistical information on the likelihood of breakup based upon cohabitation and proposes God’s design for marriage as an antidote to this issue.
Text Focus: Pages 198-201
- Ken Yasinski uses the analogy of testing out a car to explain some people’s idea of cohabitation. Why is this not a healthy way to begin a relationship?
- What are some reasons that couples choose to live together before marriage?
- The speaker gives a number of statistics about how cohabitation makes a couple much more likely to divorce or never marry at all. Why do you think cohabitation has this effect?
- Discuss and brainstorm healthy and appropriate ways that a couple can get to know each other before marriage without cohabiting.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns