Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
Marriage & Cohabitation - Catholic Speaker, Ken Yasinski
Film Focus: Longtime Catholic speaker, Ken Yasinksi, discusses the high breakup rate of couples who begin their relationship with cohabitation. He gives statistical information on the likelihood of breakup based upon cohabitation and proposes God’s design for marriage as an antidote to this issue.
Text Focus: Pages 198-201
- Ken Yasinski uses the analogy of testing out a car to explain some people’s idea of cohabitation. Why is this not a healthy way to begin a relationship?
- What are some reasons that couples choose to live together before marriage?
- The speaker gives a number of statistics about how cohabitation makes a couple much more likely to divorce or never marry at all. Why do you think cohabitation has this effect?
- Discuss and brainstorm healthy and appropriate ways that a couple can get to know each other before marriage without cohabiting.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony