YouTube Videos, Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
Film Focus: In this video, Christopher Stefanick answers the question, “Why does the church hate gay people?” He explains that the Church’s teaching is not concocted to hate or discriminate against a person but rather respects both Divine and Natural Laws. He explains how all persons are called to live out a full life by following Jesus Christ.
Text Focus: Pages 194-196
- What is Divine Law? What is Natural Law? What differentiates them?
- How does the Church’s teaching in the area of sexuality apply equally to all people?
- According to Christopher Stefanick, does the Church’s teaching about sexuality call a person with a same-sex attraction to a life of loneliness? Why or why not?
- How does the Catechism of the Catholic Church say we should treat those with same-sex attractions? Discuss some concrete ways that you can encourage those around you to treat all people with dignity.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony