YouTube Videos, Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
Film Focus: In this video, Christopher Stefanick answers the question, “Why does the church hate gay people?” He explains that the Church’s teaching is not concocted to hate or discriminate against a person but rather respects both Divine and Natural Laws. He explains how all persons are called to live out a full life by following Jesus Christ.
Text Focus: Pages 194-196
- What is Divine Law? What is Natural Law? What differentiates them?
- How does the Church’s teaching in the area of sexuality apply equally to all people?
- According to Christopher Stefanick, does the Church’s teaching about sexuality call a person with a same-sex attraction to a life of loneliness? Why or why not?
- How does the Catechism of the Catholic Church say we should treat those with same-sex attractions? Discuss some concrete ways that you can encourage those around you to treat all people with dignity.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns