YouTube Videos, Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
Humanae Vitae - 50 Years On...
Film Focus: This video features several couples and a Catholic priest discussing the lessons about sex and marriage that they have learned through their lives and especially through reflection upon Humanae Vitae. There is a strong focus upon the unitive and procreative nature of sex and marriage.
Text Focus: Pages 186-187
- How does a person learn to be human? Give concrete examples of how you have seen this happen in your life.
- Who is the third person that must be invited into a Christian marriage? What is their role?
- The Catholic Church views sex as good and holy. Why is this? How is this different from the way that the world views sex?
- What are the two main meanings of sex? How does the use of contraception change the meaning of sex?
- The love between man and woman is a sign of the love between God and the Church. Explain.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns