Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
Pope: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
Film Focus: This Rome Reports video recounts one of Pope Francis’ public catecheses. In this catechesis, Pope Francis discusses the importance of family for the preservation of society. He also highlights the importance of women in their role in a family.
Text Focus: Pages 148-150
- What are some ways that a strong family can lead to a strong society?
- How do women serve to strengthen family life?
- How can Christian marriages be an example for those of other faiths (or of no faith) around us?
- Pope Francis is a man who has embraced the vocation of priesthood. Yet, he seeks to strengthen the family and married life. What are some ways you see the Catholic Church hierarchy supporting family life? Do you see places where improvement could occur?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony