YouTube Videos, Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
Pope: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
Film Focus: This Rome Reports video recounts one of Pope Francis’ public catecheses. In this catechesis, Pope Francis discusses the importance of family for the preservation of society. He also highlights the importance of women in their role in a family.
Text Focus: Pages 148-150
- What are some ways that a strong family can lead to a strong society?
- How do women serve to strengthen family life?
- How can Christian marriages be an example for those of other faiths (or of no faith) around us?
- Pope Francis is a man who has embraced the vocation of priesthood. Yet, he seeks to strengthen the family and married life. What are some ways you see the Catholic Church hierarchy supporting family life? Do you see places where improvement could occur?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns