YouTube Videos, Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
Film Focus: In this video, Maria Perez discussed why she chose to have her marriage convalidated in the Catholic Church. The viewer sees Maria and her husband exchange their vows as well as some additional parts of the marriage rite.
Text Focus: Pages 116-119, 127-128
- What reason does Maria Perez give for not getting married in the Church? Why might others make a similar decision?
- What is convalidation? Define and explain.
- Why might a couple who is already civilly married and has lived together for many years choose to have their marriage convalidated?
- What parts of the marriage rite did you see portrayed in this video?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns