Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
Film Focus: In this video, Maria Perez discussed why she chose to have her marriage convalidated in the Catholic Church. The viewer sees Maria and her husband exchange their vows as well as some additional parts of the marriage rite.
Text Focus: Pages 116-119, 127-128
- What reason does Maria Perez give for not getting married in the Church? Why might others make a similar decision?
- What is convalidation? Define and explain.
- Why might a couple who is already civilly married and has lived together for many years choose to have their marriage convalidated?
- What parts of the marriage rite did you see portrayed in this video?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony