Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
The Sacrament of Matrimony (USCCB)
Film Focus: Monsignor John Zenz sums up Christian marriage in this short video. He focuses on the necessary elements of form and matter as he walks the viewer through the basics of matrimony in a Catholic Church.
Text Focus: Pages 105-109, 116-119
- How is Christian marriage different from a mere contract?
- What do the witnesses represent in a Catholic marriage ceremony?
- In the Roman Rite, who are the ministers of the Sacrament of Matrimony? Explain why this is so.
- Why is it especially appropriate when both spouses are Catholic to have a marriage Mass?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony