YouTube Videos, Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
Film Focus: In this clip of a talk given at the Franciscan University of Steubenville, Jason Evert explains that when young people are taught about marriage and dating they are given a list of “thou shalt nots.” To bring some clarity to those seeking the married life, Jason Evert discusses the importance of friendship in the beginning of a romantic relationship.
Text Focus: Pages 89-91, 99
- What does the current culture tell you about dating? How is this similar to or different from what you are learning from your faith?
- What are the benefits to not rushing into an intimate relationship?
- According to this video, what is the role of friendship in the dating relationship? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Jason Evert says that one should not date another person unless they see themselves marrying that person. Do you agree or disagree? Why? If you disagree, what do you believe is the purpose of dating? Where have you gotten this idea? Does it line up with the biblical and Catholic principles you have learned?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns