YouTube Videos, Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
Complementarity of the Sexes
Film Focus: In this video, Logan and Jen discuss how society often juxtaposes men and women, placing them in opposition to each other. Using the words of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, as well as other wise sources, Logan and Jen dispel this myth and discuss the truth that God created man and woman to serve and support one another.
Text Focus: Pages 81-83, 144-145
- What stereotypes do you think of when you hear “battle of sexes”?
- God created man and woman to work together. Obviously, this has a very specific meaning within marriage. How might this inform your friendships and dating relationships right now?
- Give two to three examples of places where you see the complementarity of the sexes lived out in your everyday life.
- How do you feel about the idea of the husband as the head and the wife as the heart? Does this support or go against the way society typically portrays male/female relationships?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns