Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
Complementarity of the Sexes
Film Focus: In this video, Logan and Jen discuss how society often juxtaposes men and women, placing them in opposition to each other. Using the words of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, as well as other wise sources, Logan and Jen dispel this myth and discuss the truth that God created man and woman to serve and support one another.
Text Focus: Pages 81-83, 144-145
- What stereotypes do you think of when you hear “battle of sexes”?
- God created man and woman to work together. Obviously, this has a very specific meaning within marriage. How might this inform your friendships and dating relationships right now?
- Give two to three examples of places where you see the complementarity of the sexes lived out in your everyday life.
- How do you feel about the idea of the husband as the head and the wife as the heart? Does this support or go against the way society typically portrays male/female relationships?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony