YouTube Videos, Chapter 2: What is Love?
What is Love? | Catholic Central
Film Focus: This Catholic Central video, hosted by Libby and Kai, discusses the four Greek words for love. It takes time to examine each Greek word and give examples of each type of love. The video ends by talking about agape, the highest form of love.
Text Focus: Page 75
- What are the four Greek words for love? Briefly describe each type of love.
- Give an example from your everyday life where you see each kind of love active and alive.
- Pick one of the Greek words for love and discuss a situation where that kind of love could be used in a selfish or destructive manner. How would agape love help to remedy this problem?
- Think about each specific vocation, how might this vocation help a person to learn to love in a more selfless-agape way?
- How can you love in a more selfless-agape way in your daily life now? Brainstorm as many ideas possible.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns