Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 2: What is Love?
What is Love? | Catholic Central
Film Focus: This Catholic Central video, hosted by Libby and Kai, discusses the four Greek words for love. It takes time to examine each Greek word and give examples of each type of love. The video ends by talking about agape, the highest form of love.
Text Focus: Page 75
- What are the four Greek words for love? Briefly describe each type of love.
- Give an example from your everyday life where you see each kind of love active and alive.
- Pick one of the Greek words for love and discuss a situation where that kind of love could be used in a selfish or destructive manner. How would agape love help to remedy this problem?
- Think about each specific vocation, how might this vocation help a person to learn to love in a more selfless-agape way?
- How can you love in a more selfless-agape way in your daily life now? Brainstorm as many ideas possible.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony