Your Christian Vocation
YouTube Videos, Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
Fr. Mike Schmitz - How to Discern
Film Focus: In this video, Fr. Mike Schmitz offers simple tools for discernment in the form of three questions a person can frequently ask themselves to help them determine God’s will for their life.
Text Focus: Page 54
- What are the two fundamental principles or truths that Fr. Schmitz discusses which are important for understanding your vocation?
- What three questions should you ask yourself on a regular basis to help you discern your vocation?
- Make a list of what your daily duties and obligations are currently. How can you live up to these obligations more fully?
- Create a written plan for how you can incorporate a more active prayer life into your everyday life.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony