Chapter 10: World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
Film Focus: The history of World Youth Day is discussed in this video and its legacy viewed with great hope.
Text Focus: Pg. 342
1. Who instituted World Youth Day? Why do you think he did so?
2. St. John Paul II gave the youth a cross as a reminder of his visit. What message do you think he intended to send with that gift?
3. How many popes have celebrated World Youth Day? Why do you think they continue to do so?
4. What message do you think the popes are sending when they make time to meet with the youth?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Church and the Arts
- Chapter 10: The Life of Pope Francis in cartoon
- Chapter 10: Saint John Paul II, the Life of a Holy Pope
- Chapter 9: Humanae Vitae: Blessed Pope Paul VI's Prophetic Pro-Life Work
- Chapter 9: Find out how Benedict XV tried to Stop World War I
- Chapter 9: What Was Vatican II?
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on the Canonization of Junipero Serra
- Chapter 8: Pope St. Pius X and Modernism
- Chapter 8: A Brief History of the Events Leading up to Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: The Suppression of the Society of Jesus
- Chapter 7: Introduction to the Scientific Revolution
- Chapter 7: The Galileo Myth
- Chapter 6: What are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Chapter 6: Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
- Chapter 6: Bishop Barron on Catholicism and the Reformation
- Chapter 1: Pentecost
- Chapter 5: Are Indulgences Biblical?
- Chapter 5: Bartolomé de Las Casas: The Protector of the Indians
- Chapter 4: Cluny Reform Movement Story
- Chapter 4: The High Middle Ages Scholars Universities
- Chapter 4: The Crusades: A Concise Overview for Students
- Chapter 3: The Canon of Scripture
- Chapter 3: Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (2) The Age of Constantine
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
- Chapter 2: St. Justin Martyr--Father and Apologist
- Chapter 2: Catholic History in Less than Five Minutes (3) The Development of the Papacy
- Chapter 2: Fr. Mark Goring--Why do Catholics Baptize Infants?
- Chapter 1: Scott Hahn – Saint Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 1: Where did the Catholic Church come from? Catholic Basics with Fr. Bill