The History of the Catholic Church
Chapter 6: Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
Film Focus: Bishop Robert Barron delves into the Council of Trent paying particular attention to the theological points addressed by the council which affirm what was said by the reformers and which correct and respond to what was said to the reformers.
Text Focus: Pgs. 196-199, 202
1. Bishop Barron comments that the Council of Trent is one of the most important councils in Church history. Do you agree? Defend your answer.
2. Why did it take so long for the Council of Trent to begin?
3. What were the major issues discussed at the Council of Trent? How do these issues reflect the concerns of the reformers?
4. What does the Council of Trent teach about sin? Why is this important for our understanding of the human person?
5. What does the Council of Trent teach about justification? What insight might this have for us today?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Church and the Arts
- Chapter 10: The Life of Pope Francis in cartoon
- Chapter 10: World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
- Chapter 10: Saint John Paul II, the Life of a Holy Pope
- Chapter 9: Humanae Vitae: Blessed Pope Paul VI's Prophetic Pro-Life Work
- Chapter 9: Find out how Benedict XV tried to Stop World War I
- Chapter 9: What Was Vatican II?
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on the Canonization of Junipero Serra
- Chapter 8: Pope St. Pius X and Modernism
- Chapter 8: A Brief History of the Events Leading up to Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: The Suppression of the Society of Jesus
- Chapter 7: Introduction to the Scientific Revolution
- Chapter 7: The Galileo Myth
- Chapter 6: What are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Chapter 6: Bishop Barron on Catholicism and the Reformation
- Chapter 1: Pentecost
- Chapter 5: Are Indulgences Biblical?
- Chapter 5: Bartolomé de Las Casas: The Protector of the Indians
- Chapter 4: Cluny Reform Movement Story
- Chapter 4: The High Middle Ages Scholars Universities
- Chapter 4: The Crusades: A Concise Overview for Students
- Chapter 3: The Canon of Scripture
- Chapter 3: Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (2) The Age of Constantine
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
- Chapter 2: St. Justin Martyr--Father and Apologist
- Chapter 2: Catholic History in Less than Five Minutes (3) The Development of the Papacy
- Chapter 2: Fr. Mark Goring--Why do Catholics Baptize Infants?
- Chapter 1: Scott Hahn – Saint Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 1: Where did the Catholic Church come from? Catholic Basics with Fr. Bill