Chapter 3: Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
Film Focus: Fr. Daniel O’Reilly focuses upon the two teachings of Arius which later were corrected by Church councils. He finishes by explaining why these issues are of importance to Catholics today.
Text Focus: Pages 89-92
1. Explain the two things which Arius taught which were later corrected.
2. How is what Arius taught different from what Catholics believe?
3. Which Church council discussed Arianism? What did the council proclaim? How
did this clarify the Church’s teaching about Christ?
4. What is the significance for Catholics today if we follow Arius in believing that
Jesus was not fully God and fully man?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Bishop Barron on Catholicism and the Reformation
- Chapter 10: The Life of Pope Francis in cartoon
- Chapter 10: World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
- Chapter 10: Saint John Paul II, the Life of a Holy Pope
- Chapter 9: Humanae Vitae: Blessed Pope Paul VI's Prophetic Pro-Life Work
- Chapter 9: Find out how Benedict XV tried to Stop World War I
- Chapter 9: What Was Vatican II?
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on the Canonization of Junipero Serra
- Chapter 8: Pope St. Pius X and Modernism
- Chapter 8: A Brief History of the Events Leading up to Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: The Suppression of the Society of Jesus
- Chapter 7: Introduction to the Scientific Revolution
- Chapter 7: The Galileo Myth
- Chapter 6: What are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Chapter 6: Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
- Chapter 1: Pentecost
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Church and the Arts
- Chapter 5: Are Indulgences Biblical?
- Chapter 5: Bartolomé de Las Casas: The Protector of the Indians
- Chapter 4: Cluny Reform Movement Story
- Chapter 4: The High Middle Ages Scholars Universities
- Chapter 4: The Crusades: A Concise Overview for Students
- Chapter 3: The Canon of Scripture
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (2) The Age of Constantine
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
- Chapter 2: St. Justin Martyr--Father and Apologist
- Chapter 2: Catholic History in Less than Five Minutes (3) The Development of the Papacy
- Chapter 2: Fr. Mark Goring--Why do Catholics Baptize Infants?
- Chapter 1: Scott Hahn – Saint Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 1: Where did the Catholic Church come from? Catholic Basics with Fr. Bill