Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
Film Focus: This video profiles six of the great Doctors of the Church who lived in the fourth and fifth centuries and are known as Fathers of the Church.
Text Focus: Pgs. 66-70
1. What are the three conditions required for a person to be declared a Doctor of the
2. Why do you think that over a third of the Doctors of the Church are from the fourth and the fifth centuries?
3. Who are the six Church Fathers profiled in this video? What do all six have in
4. Pick one of these six Church Fathers and find out three additional facts about their life.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Bishop Barron on Catholicism and the Reformation
- Chapter 10: The Life of Pope Francis in cartoon
- Chapter 10: World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
- Chapter 10: Saint John Paul II, the Life of a Holy Pope
- Chapter 9: Humanae Vitae: Blessed Pope Paul VI's Prophetic Pro-Life Work
- Chapter 9: Find out how Benedict XV tried to Stop World War I
- Chapter 9: What Was Vatican II?
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on the Canonization of Junipero Serra
- Chapter 8: Pope St. Pius X and Modernism
- Chapter 8: A Brief History of the Events Leading up to Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: The Suppression of the Society of Jesus
- Chapter 7: Introduction to the Scientific Revolution
- Chapter 7: The Galileo Myth
- Chapter 6: What are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Chapter 6: Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
- Chapter 1: Pentecost
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Church and the Arts
- Chapter 5: Are Indulgences Biblical?
- Chapter 5: Bartolomé de Las Casas: The Protector of the Indians
- Chapter 4: Cluny Reform Movement Story
- Chapter 4: The High Middle Ages Scholars Universities
- Chapter 4: The Crusades: A Concise Overview for Students
- Chapter 3: The Canon of Scripture
- Chapter 3: Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (2) The Age of Constantine
- Chapter 2: St. Justin Martyr--Father and Apologist
- Chapter 2: Catholic History in Less than Five Minutes (3) The Development of the Papacy
- Chapter 2: Fr. Mark Goring--Why do Catholics Baptize Infants?
- Chapter 1: Scott Hahn – Saint Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 1: Where did the Catholic Church come from? Catholic Basics with Fr. Bill