Chapter 2: St. Justin Martyr--Father and Apologist
St. Justin Martyr – Father and Apologist
Film Focus: This video gives a brief introduction to the life of St. Justin Martyr and focuses upon his description of the liturgy of the second century.
Text Focus: Pages 49
1. After listening carefully to St. Justin Martyr’s description of the liturgy (and reviewing it in CCC 1345), discuss the commonalities you see between his description of the liturgy in the second century and the Mass you attend today.
2. Looking again at the description from St. Justin Martyr, discuss the differences you see between his description of the liturgy in the second century and the Mass you attend today.
3. What does it mean when St. Justin Martyr is called an apologist?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Bishop Barron on Catholicism and the Reformation
- Chapter 10: The Life of Pope Francis in cartoon
- Chapter 10: World Youth Day: A look back at the bond between the youth and the Pope
- Chapter 10: Saint John Paul II, the Life of a Holy Pope
- Chapter 9: Humanae Vitae: Blessed Pope Paul VI's Prophetic Pro-Life Work
- Chapter 9: Find out how Benedict XV tried to Stop World War I
- Chapter 9: What Was Vatican II?
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on the Canonization of Junipero Serra
- Chapter 8: Pope St. Pius X and Modernism
- Chapter 8: A Brief History of the Events Leading up to Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: The Suppression of the Society of Jesus
- Chapter 7: Introduction to the Scientific Revolution
- Chapter 7: The Galileo Myth
- Chapter 6: What are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Chapter 6: Bishop Robert Barron on the Council of Trent
- Chapter 1: Pentecost
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Church and the Arts
- Chapter 5: Are Indulgences Biblical?
- Chapter 5: Bartolomé de Las Casas: The Protector of the Indians
- Chapter 4: Cluny Reform Movement Story
- Chapter 4: The High Middle Ages Scholars Universities
- Chapter 4: The Crusades: A Concise Overview for Students
- Chapter 3: The Canon of Scripture
- Chapter 3: Arius, the Divinity of Christ and the Dignity of Man
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (2) The Age of Constantine
- Chapter 3: Catholic History in Less Than Five Minutes: (4) The Early Church Fathers
- Chapter 2: Catholic History in Less than Five Minutes (3) The Development of the Papacy
- Chapter 2: Fr. Mark Goring--Why do Catholics Baptize Infants?
- Chapter 1: Scott Hahn – Saint Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 1: Where did the Catholic Church come from? Catholic Basics with Fr. Bill