Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
Film Focus: Former America’s Next Top Model Contestant, Leah Darrow, shares her re-version story in this video. After living the life of a fashion model, she had a deep re-version back to Catholicism in which she came to understand the importance of modesty and the dignity of each human person.
Text Focus: Page 307
- If you were given the choice to pursue your dream career but you had to violate your moral principles, would you do so? Why did Leah choose to continue pursuing modeling?
- Have you ever had an experience similar to Leah’s when God called you away from the life you were living? Share your story, if possible.
- Do you consider modesty when you are dressing yourself each day? Do you consider your dignity as a human person when you choose clothes at the store? If not, what steps can you take to improve?
- What might Leah’s story have to teach you as a teen today?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?