Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Third Edition)
Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
The Seventh Commandment
Film Focus: In this video, Fr. Dan O’Reilly covers the Seventh Commandment and its relation to stealing. He discusses this in a nuanced way and defines stealing as “taking against the reasonable will of the owner.”
Text Focus: Pages 351–353
- Is there a reason that “taking” with a proper reason is not breaking the Seventh Commandment? Why or why not?
- Why is stealing wrong? How does stealing hurt the human person?
- Have you ever considered the Seventh Commandment to be about sharing? If yes, what do you do to practice this commandment? If not, what can you do to begin practicing this commandment in this manner?
- What are some little ways teens may steal without realizing? For example, cheating off someone else’s homework is a case of stealing without realizing. Give three to four other examples.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity