Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Third Edition)
Chapter 8: Euthanasia
Film Focus: Fr. Rob Galea discusses human suffering as it relates to decisions on end of life care. He roots the issue in the light of the inherent dignity of the human person and discusses how suffering—although often difficult to bear—can bring a person closer to Christ.
Text Focus: Pages 284–285, 288–289
- How does suffering bring a person closer to God?
- What is one thing you, as a teenager, can do to help someone who is suffering?
- What is the difference between ordinary and extraordinary medicine? Are people morally compelled to use extraordinary medicine? Ordinary medicine?
- Why do human beings lack the authority to make decisions about life and death?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity