Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Third Edition)
Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
Film Focus: This video presents the preposterous situation of only seeing your best friend twice a year at Easter and Christmas. This unlikely situation is then compared to each person’s relationship with Jesus Christ and the invitation you receive to be a part of God’s family through participation in the Holy Mass.
Text Focus: Page 257
- Is your relationship with Jesus Christ like your relationship with your best friend, your relationship with someone you only see a few times a year, or like some other type of relationship?
- How can you improve your relationship with God? Share several concrete examples.
- What is God inviting you to do in the Mass? What does saying no to this invitation mean?
- So, why should you go to Mass?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity