Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
Film Focus: Bishop Robert Barron takes the viewer through each of the Ten Commandments encouraging memorization of the commandments. In his commentary, Bishop Barron makes each commandment extremely relevant to the modern life.
Text Focus: Pages 239–243
- The Ten Commandments can be broken into two parts. What are those parts and why are they divided this way?
- What is something that you worship other than God? How can you change that?
- How can you better set aside Sunday as the Lord’s Day?
- What can you do to make yourself more of a “life-giver” than a “life-taker”? Come up with two to three concrete action steps.
- How can you make following the Ten Commandments a greater part of your life as a teen? Brainstorm several action steps including memorizing them.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story