Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Third Edition)
Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
Relativism by Chris Stefanick
Film Focus: In this video, Chris Stefanick discusses relativism from the perspective that your mind is meant to be formed. He delves into the concept that to believe in something does not mean to be intolerant. In addition, he discusses the logical inconsistencies of relativism and how relativism is harmful to society.
Text Focus: Pages 91–92
- What is relativism?
- Why does he say that your mind is meant to be closed? Does this explanation ring true in your life?
- Does believing something as true make you hate others? Does believing in in relativism make you tolerant? Why or why not?
- How is relativism logically inconsistent?
- How is relativism harmful?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity