Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
Film Focus: The virtue of prudence or wisdom is discussed by Fr. Morris in the context of one of the four cardinal virtues. A brief definition is given and suggestions how to cultivate virtue are offered.
Text Focus: Pages 42–43
- Prudence is one of the four virtues known as the cardinal virtues. What are the other three cardinal virtues?
- How is prudence defined in this video? How does prudence relate to making proper moral decisions?
- What are the three things that Fr. Morris says we can do to pursue prudence?
- Give some concrete examples of how can you implement these suggestions from Fr. Morris into your daily life?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story