Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
Life and Dignity of the Human
Film Focus: The focus of this video is the inherent dignity of each and every human person. In addition, it touches upon the necessity of making equality between human persons possible at the personal and institutional levels.
Text Focus: Pages 13–14
- What does is mean to have an ethic of life? Does this focus just upon one issue or transcend many issues?
- Are there some classes of persons that are considered “expendable” in our society? Who? Why is this?
- Discuss a specific instance you have witnessed of a violation of the rights of a human person in your own life.
- How can you as an individual reduce these injustices you see around you? Give specific examples.
- What are some concrete ways our society reduce instances of systematic injustices?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity