Chapter 1: The Gift of Human Being
“Fundamentals of Catholic Morality – The Image of God”
Film Focus: This video features Dr. Mike Brummond as he lays that foundation for the Catholic understanding of morality. He discusses the nature of the human person as created with an intellect and will and emphasizes the goal or purpose of the human person as sharing in divine nature.
Text Focus: Pages 3, 11–12, 15–17, 25–27
- What does it mean to be made in the image and likeness of God? How does this make us different from other created goods?
- What is the intellect? What is the will? What were each created to do?
- How do sin and grace affect our intellect and will? How do you see these affects in your daily life?
- What is the goal or end of a human person?
- How does this understanding of the goal of a human person affect how you are to judge the morality of your acts?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 6: Ignite Your Faith -- What is Sin?
- Chapter 9: Leah Darrow of America's Next Top Model -- Conversion Story
- Chapter 10: C4 Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Should We Always Tell the Truth?
- Chapter 10: The Seventh Commandment
- Chapter 10: Catholic Generosity Warms the Poor
- Chapter 10: Social Teaching -- Catholic Central
- Chapter 9: Crystalina's Testimony
- Chapter 9: Homesexuality and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Gianna Jessen makes us look like Pathetic Cowards
- Chapter 8: Euthanasia
- Chapter 8: Just War?
- Chapter 8: The Fourth Commandment
- Chapter 7: Why Do I Have to Go to Mass?
- Chapter 7: Eucharistic Adoration
- Chapter 7: Bishop Barron on the Ten Commandments
- Chapter 6: 7 Deadly Sins -- Catholic Central
- Introduction: Life in Jesus Christ
- Chapter 6: Psalm 51
- Chapter 5: St. Thomas More HD
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 4: Courage
- Chapter 5: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality -- Conscience
- Chapter 4: The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 4: Do's and Don'ts of Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 4: The Beatitudes Lesson (Catholic Version)
- Chapter 3: The Five Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: Relativism by Chris Stefanick
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Catholic Morality
- Chapter 2: Three Aspects of the Moral Act
- Chapter 2: The Cardinal Virtues, Part 1: Prudence
- Chapter 1: Life and Dignity of the Human
- Chapter 1: Vox Clamantis: The Principle of Subsidiarity