Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
The Domestic Church
Film Focus: This video shows the family is the Church in miniature. Through four truths or cornerstones, it defines the family as a domestic church. The focus of the video is encouraging families to live their lives as a domestic church who serves the entire world.
Text Focus: Pages 306–311
- What is the domestic church? Have you ever considered your family to be a domestic church?
- What four truths or cornerstones make the home a domestic church?
- What are some ways your family can be the Church in the world?
- The video concludes with a quote from St. John Paul II which states, “As the family goes, so goes the whole world in which we live.” How have you seen this in your own life?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!