Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
Film Focus: This video features Jason Evert speaking about the beauty and the importance of marriage. In the video he explains that marriages should be free, total, faithful, and fruitful. He also discusses the two ends of marriage. The video concludes with the importance of dying to self for a healthy marriage.
Text Focus: Pages 303–307
- Jason explains that marriage should be four things; what are they?
- What does it mean to die to oneself in marriage? Why is understanding this important to a healthy marriage?
- What do you think about the groom who washed his bride’s feet? How is this gesture in keeping with the real meaning of marriage?
- Why does each human person long for love?
- What are you doing to shape your marriage before you even meet your spouse?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!