Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
Film Focus: In this episode of Sacraments 101, Fr. Dave Dwyer discusses the origin of the
Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick, some common misconceptions about this sacrament, and when it is appropriate to celebrate this sacrament. The video concludes with some of the graces that can be received from this sacrament.
Text Focus: Pages 225–228, 231–234
- What is one scriptural reference which speaks about the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick?
- What are the three misconceptions discussed in this video?
- When should a person receive the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick? May it be repeated?
- What are the five effects of the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!