Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
How Do I Go to Confession?
Film Focus: This video begins with the explanation that in each person’s Baptism their sins were cleansed. However, because each one of us has sinned after our Baptism, we need the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation to bring us back into right relationship with God. This video details the steps a person must take to properly receive this sacrament.
Text Focus: Pages 191–195
- Who is able to forgive sins?
- How does the role of the priest connect with this sacrament?
- What is the goal of the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation?
- Explain the notion of contrition to someone who does not understand it.
- What are the three acts of the penitent in the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation?
- How often are Catholics advised to receive the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation? What can you do in your own life to ensure that you make frequent use of this sacrament?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!