Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
Ignite Your Catholic Faith—Why Is Confirmation Important?
Film Focus: In this video, Bishop Don Hying discusses the Sacrament of Confirmation as the completion of the Sacrament of Baptism. He explains that in this sacrament, we have the opportunity to say “yes” to the Faith in a new way. We are filled with the Holy Spirit and given the mission to share the Faith.
Text Focus: Pages 107–108
- Why is it appropriate to say that the Sacrament of Confirmation is the completion of Baptism?
- What are we saying “yes” to in the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- What biblical event tells us about the coming of the Holy Spirit? What does this event teach us about mission given to each person in the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Many people mistakenly view the Sacrament of Confirmation as a type of graduation from the Catholic Faith? Why does is this view not in accord with a proper understanding of the sacrament?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!