Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
How Does Someone Become Catholic
Film Focus: People who know they want to enter the Church are often left with the question, how do I become Catholic? To answer this question, the video details the process of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults that the Church uses to initiate new adult members into the Catholic Church.
Text Focus: Pages 80–83
- What are some reasons why an adult might want to join the Catholic Church?
- What does the acronym RCIA stand for?
- List and describe the four stages of the RCIA process.
- Is there any difference between a person joining the Church who has received the Sacrament of Baptism and a person who is joining the Church who has not received the Sacrament of Baptism? Explain.
- Share a story of someone you know who made a decision to become a Catholic.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!