Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
A Sacramental Life
Film Focus: This video, created by Life Teen Inc., shows a priest at the end of his life. Through flashbacks, the viewer is able to see how the sacraments were present at many significant moments in the life of this priest. It is a beautiful and thought-provoking visual overview of the Seven Sacraments.
Text Focus: Pages 15, 22
- What is happening in this video?
- List the sacraments you saw portrayed in this video. What outward signs helped you to identify them?
- Which of the Seven Sacraments have you already received? What do you remember about each of these sacraments you have received?
- Are you preparing to receive any additional sacraments? What sacraments do you look forward to receiving in the future? How do you anticipate them changing your life?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!