Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!
Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!
Film Focus: In this video, Pope Francis speaks on the great importance of the sacramental life for Catholics. He highlights the missionary nature of the sacraments and encourages frequent reception of the Sacrament of the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation. It features Pope Francis speaking in Italian with English subtitles.
Text Focus: Pages 14–18
- According to Pope Francis, what is the most genuine fruit of a regular sacramental life?
- What does Pope Francis say that graces of the sacraments will do to our lives of Faith?
- Why is it important to receive the sacraments?
- What is your reaction to the Holy Father speaking so strongly about the importance of the sacraments?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life