Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
Is the Resurrection a Lie?
Film Focus: In this video, Karlo Brussard discusses two reasons why we should have faith that the Resurrection actually did occur.
Text Focus: Pages 202-203
- Have you ever encountered the argument that the Resurrection is merely a story? How did you respond?
- Karlo explains that the early Christians “had nothing to gain and everything to lose by lying about the Resurrection.” How is this true?
- Why does including women as the first witnesses of the Resurrection lend credibility to the story? If we were to write the story today, what group of people would be considered the most credible witnesses and what group of people would be considered the least credible witnesses?
- Do you find these arguments convincing? Explain.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture