Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
Film Focus: Mark Hart heart-wrenchingly tells the story of Jesus Passion, Death, and Resurrection.
Text Focus: Pages 166-174
- What do you think of each time you make the Sign of the Cross or wear a cross necklace? Is there something more you should be keeping in mind?
- What feelings and emotions does this narration of Jesus Passion, Death, and Resurrection evoke in you?
- What aspect of this narration touched you the most deeply? Explain.
- Jesus suffered and died out of love for each one of us. What kind of personal response does that require from you?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?