Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
What Is a Parable?
Film Focus: This video, by Fr. Joe Corpora, C.S.C., examines how we should approach the parables and what meaning these parables have for our everyday lives.
Text Focus: Pages 129-137
- What is one of the purposes for which Jesus tells parables?
- What are the four patterns in the parables? Give an example of where each pattern can be found in one of Jesus’ parables.
- Where did Jesus want us to find the Kingdom of God? Why?
- How do you experience the Kingdom of God in your everyday life? Explain how your experiences illustrate what is being taught in the Gospels.
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture